What does it take to get fit? Will crunches get rid of my spare tire? What’s the best way to lose weight? These are the types of questions ACE-certified Fitness Professionals hear on a daily basis.
More than 1,500 ACE-certified Professionals responded to our request for the most pervasive myths and misconceptions about exercise.
Here are their top six responses.
- Women who lift weights will get bulky muscles.
- Spot reducing is possible.
- No pain, no gain.
- Exercise requires a hefty time commitment.
- If you exercise, you can eat whatever you want.
- There’s a magic bullet (quick fix) out there somewhere.
This appeared in ACE FitnessMatters, ACE's official magazine.Click here to order your subscription today.
View a list of all the Health & Fitness TipsSign up for ACE's FREE e-newsletter for fitness enthusiasts.